Freitag, 3. März 2017

Strasbourg Adventures





Celebrating the end of my finals means ADVENTURE TIME! Unfortunately, I don't have enough money right now to actually go and stay somewhere for a bit, but I have a car (okay, it's my dad's car) and a brother, who's ready for adventures, as well.

So off we went on a little road trip to a cute french city: Strasbourg. As kids we've taken a couple of trips to this region of France which is called Alsace because my parents live close to the French boarders. But at the same time we've never done a proper exploring tour through the city, so that's exactly what me and my brother went to do. 

Special things to see? If you're like me and you're already on happiness level 100 when hearing people speak french, looking at houses and smelling freshly baked baguette or croissants, then you literally just have to walk through the Old Town. 
A quarter of Strasbourg which is probably the prettiest and most picturesque of all is "Petite France". Definitely check it out, you'll find a lot of cute shops, restaurants, cafés and about a thousand possibilities to take gorgeous photos.







Exploring the Old Town you won't be able to avoid the Cathedral Notre Dame and whilst you're there you might as well just make the step and hike up to the top! For around 5 euros you'll get access to the tower and 300 steps later you can admire Strasbourg from a bird's eye view. Hard work, but rewarding, let me tell you that. 






But apart from these two top tips, as always, I'd recommend putting the city map in your backpack and just go wherever your feet take you. It sounds stupid and cliché, but sometimes getting lost feels quite well. Especially in a gorgeous city like Strasbourg. Our day, however, ended with a little trip to Lush (I just had to), a goat's cheese baguette and a bag full of even more baguettes, brie and éclairs. And I don't regret a single bite. This really should be my philosophy of life. 






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen