Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2016

Wanderlust Decor Inspiration






It's already month four that I'm home now after I've had the time of my life travelling Europe, the UK, Ireland and Iceland last year. For a person who also got to find out that she is an inconditional wanderer, it was hard to realise that there will be no more major travelling in the next time. 
Anyway, I found a way to bring a bit more of the world into my bedroom with this little wall decor thingy. For me and all of you wanderlusters. 



I don't quite know how to call this, but let's have a look at the things you'll need if you want to recreate this.



  • picture frame. Take whatever shape your heart desires, but I found a wide, rectangular one a good shape to actually write words in.
  • map. Again, take any map you like. Your favourite country, your favourite city, your favourite part of a city, maybe the whole world? I took an old one of Crete, but you could also print one out from the internet if you don't have a good one on hand. 
  • for a canvas for your letters you can get creative as well. I took some small paper lace doilies which I got in the baking section of a drug store. I thought they looked cute and add a special touch to your picture. But you might as well use some paper and cut it in different shapes. Circles? Squares? Triangles? Cats? DOGS? Create whatever shape you like. 
  • brush and some colour. 



Now, even though this isn't really that hard to put together, I'm going to show you anyway. Because I'm a nice person. 

Let's start with the brush and the colour and the doiles. 



I know, quite hard to imagine, but we're going to dip the brush into our colour (use watercolour or acrylic for this) and then slowly create a letter on our doily. If you're wondering what that number one is doing there I shall explain this. You remember scrabble, right? Now, in scrabble each letter has a number which indicates how much credit this letter will give you once you've finished the word. I thought it looked cool and would probably even look better on a square "canvas". 




Once you've finished drawing all of your letters, you want to let them dry for a bit. Make sure you let them dry completely, though. You don't want to smear anything. 

Now, that they're dry you can acutally put this whole thing together and hang it on a wall in less than a minute. (Unless you're like me and you put this thing together in one night, and then take weeks to actually hang it up.)




However, let's not talk about my motivation problems, but let's focus on the next steps. 
Arrange your letters upside down and make sure you put them in the right order, to not spell something you actually don't mean to spell.

Afterwards fold, cut or glue your map into the right size and shape and then put it on top, make sure your letters don't slide around and put the rest of the picture frame together. Voilà, you're done!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen